I created this blog to detail our family's adventures while living in Munich, Germany. My primary intent is to provide information updates and pictures for our family and friends, but if you enjoy traveling, have kids, or support the military, there's probably something you'll enjoy in here as well.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

So you think you're a Blogger...

If you know me, you know I use Facebook frequently. It helps me stay in touch with friends and family, and I'm not usually so good at that. Since we live in Munich now, it's particularly helpful to post pictures and give updates on various life issues, without having to write mass emails or keep typing the same stuff over and over. Then, when I have phone or email conversations with those people I'm friends with on FB, we don't spend all of our time catching up on big topics, and can kind of take up where we left off, so to speak. With two toddlers running around, time is at a premium and I prefer to spend mine with my kids, even though I need crave that connection to the places we've lived and the friends we still have there, as well as with the friends who move frequently like we do! So why am I telling you all this? Because now, since you're reading this, you see that I now also fancy myself a blogger...yes, a blogger! How do I possibly have interesting enough stuff to share in a BLOG!?!? Aren't blogs for celebrities (eyeroll) and have-it-all-together people (even bigger eyeroll) and people who have strong opinions and/or knowledge about which they think others should be aware (you guessed it, long eyeroll with sigh)? Well, just as I did with computers, cell phones, iPods, texting, annual Christmas letters, smartphones, Facebook, even iPads (yup, it's on order), I've changed my mind. In fact, I've already been following, with much delight, interest and amazement, about 10 of my friends' blogs for about eight months. Maybe it's not so bad to be "one of those bloggers" after all. I mean, we live a very Blessed life, and we are living in Munich as part of a very special military program made possible by the George and Carol Olmsted Foundation, and we are having a blast! So while I can't promise I'll be any good at updating our adventures at any regular intervals (though of course that's my intention), I've decided to share a little bit of our experience here in Munich in a (gulp) BLOG. After all, if we share enough love and fun from our life here, maybe we can convince you to visit us so we can really share part of the adventure together!

Thanks for reading,
Cheers, Prost, Kampai, Slainte, and all that jazz...
Susan and the rest of the Murphy clan, Patrick, Molly & Fionn

3 comments:

  1. yay! loving it girl! keep the posts coming ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Sue! Wish I had the guts to do this when we were in Bahrain! Cant wait for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! really looking forward to your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete